And for some reason its usually its the special orders that have problems! Had two with issues this week, darn it all! One orchid pot that just flopped as it came off the form, and a flower pot that mysteriously developed a crack as I was loading it into the kiln. The orchid pot is my own problem, I'm sure its just too heavy to support its own weight the way I had it built, so I modified the form and am giving it another go. It should be ready to come off the form tomorrow. Disappointing because the last one looked really nice and I was happy with it. Oh well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Worst of it is that was the second one I built, first one I wasn't very happy with but blamed it on the clay. Oh well, we shall see if this one works. Crossing my fingers! The other one I figure I must have dinged it putting the sig on. Of course it didn't show up until I was done and it was heading into the kiln! The flower pot went into the kiln anyway, I'll use it in the yard. I want to finish it up so I can give Heidi an idea what the final version will look like, its hard to visualize if you're not familiar with how it works.
Clay has always fascinated me, its many colors and textures, the shapes you can create using it, even the feel of it squishing in my hand. Even after years of playing in the mud I find myself exploring new ideas and I hope my work shows this.